Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Small as an Elephant...student review


Book Review: Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Jacobson

Jack and his mom go on a camping trip at Acadia National Park in Maine. When Jack wakes up...his mom is gone! He stays at the camp ground for a few days, then leaves to go back home because school has started. Along the way he plans to see his favorite of animals, the elephant. In Maine? Yes, he knows right where to find one...but will he make it? And where is his mom?
His journey is an adventurous, heart warming story. With sad parts and happy parts, it's one of my favorite books. I recommend it for the 2012 MSBA list (and to everyone else in the world).
I loved it! I loved seeing how Jack took care of himself and tried to keep everyone from finding out about his mom. I think it is geared for 4th, 5th and 6th graders, but I would recommend it to everyone.
by Maggie B., 5th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment